[FFmpeg-devel] [FFmpeg-cvslog] lavf/movenc: Mention video_track_timescale as option to fix the timescale.

Gyan ffmpeg at gyani.pro
Thu Jan 24 16:17:47 EET 2019

On 24-01-2019 07:05 PM, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
>> Or better, a viable timescale ceiling can be printed.
> Yes, this is exactly the reason why nothing was committed for
> several years.
> (Although printing the current scale is a very good idea that
> wasn't suggested so far.)

The ceiling should beĀ  (int) (INT32_MAX * track->timescale /
track->duration )

(Shouldn't the value limit be UINT32_MAX?)

>> 3) If the offending track is audio, then nothing can be done, the
>> message should reflect that (and the muxer should quit).
> Please provide an example.

I don't follow. The error msg only suggests to modify the timescale of
video tracks. For audio, the timescale is fixed to the sampling rate and
isn't selectable, so if there's an overflow there, there's no remedy.

Gyan