[FFmpeg-devel] configure: Fix decklink license dependency

Carl Eugen Hoyos ceffmpeg at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 15:52:07 EET 2019

>> It is not Blackmagic who does not want you to distribute FFmpeg
>> with their (proprietary) library, it is us who do not allow distribution
>> of FFmpeg binaries that link against Blackmagic libraries.

The wording here was not ideal:
FFmpeg is by default licensed under LGPL and the LGPL allows to
combine open-source binaries with proprietary binaries.
So it is less "us" (the FFmpeg developers) and more the developers
of other open source projects licensed under the GPL (like especially
x264) who do not allow distribution of binaries linked against
proprietary drivers.

> When you say proprietary library, do you mean the Desktop Video
> driver?  I believe this qualifies as a system library

The BlackMagic Decklink drivers are not system libraries.

Carl Eugen