[FFmpeg-devel] ProRes Bitstream Version

Vincent Lai laivcf at gmail.com
Thu Mar 7 12:40:19 EET 2019

Hi,

I'm new to the list, so I would like to first thank you for the great work
of ffmpeg.

I would like to report a bug on bitstream version on encoded ProRes output.
Currently, ffmpeg always encode with bitstream version 0 even for 4444
(with alpha channel). According to RDD36-2015:

> Version 0 bitstreams will have a value of 2 (4:2:2 sampling) for the
chroma_format syntax element and a value of 0 (no encoded alpha) for the
alpha_channel_type element; version 1 bitstreams can have any permissible
value for those elements.

In other words, if alpha channel is encoded, it should have bitstream
version 1. Thanks!

Vincent