[FFmpeg-devel] lavd: Remove libndi_newtek

Marton Balint cus at passwd.hu
Sat Mar 9 22:58:34 EET 2019

On Sat, 9 Mar 2019, Dennis Mungai wrote:

>> > Missing minor version bump
>>
>> Sorry about this, I used the wrong patch reading tool...
>>
>> > and please also post a news entry.
>>
>> Please do, Carl Eugen
>>

> Thanks for this.
> It's long overdue (3 months is more than enough time to respond and act on
> a license violation).

Huh? Newtek removed the nonfree ffmpeg from their site, that was their
response. So the company is no longer violating the license.

You are not removing ndi because of the license violation, you are
removing it because you don't like it.

I and some others expressed already that we find it useful, so at least
start a vote about it.

Thanks,
Marton