[FFmpeg-devel] lavd: Remove libndi_newtek

Maksym Veremeyenko verem at m1stereo.tv
Sun Mar 10 20:59:25 EET 2019

On 10.03.2019 19:04, Martin Vignali wrote:
[...]
> The interest of sending a patch to this project is to benefit of the entire
> infrastructure around the ffmpeg project.
> Not the pleasure to read this mailing list.
> Taking time to have a feature/enhancement integrate inside this project,
> are interesting only if at the end, the integrated feature stay, otherwise
> is just a waste of time (for contributors, reviewers, and users).

i completely agree with such statement.

code part for NDI support is 100% satisfy condition of ffmpeg
development - it placed in *non-free* list.

removal code authors should find the core of their hates: either NDI
technology or NewTek company

FYI,
from my experience NewTek and Blackmagic are only two adequate
SDK-for-developers companies that does not requires you signing NDAs and
make it close-source from beginning...

--
Maksym Veremeyenko