[FFmpeg-devel] [Patch] beautified + accelerated vf_fillborders – Please review

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Tue Mar 12 01:25:34 EET 2019

On Mon, Mar 11, 2019 at 23:23:15 +0100, Ulf Zibis wrote:
> >> I believe, it's faster because of:
> > Please post some numbers if your patch is supposed to
> > speed up the filter.
>
> Hm, I have no clue how to do this. I thing the listed arguments speak
> for themselves. Is there a kind of harness, template or framework for this?

Well, belief is not enough. ;-) In the simplest case, you show command
lines of some examples using the filter (with various inputs,
parameters) and their filtering/encoding performance before and after
the patch. Ideally, you use the START_TIMER/STOP_TIMER macros to
profile the actual functions you changed. (Check this mailing list's
archives for some examples, and play with the code.)

Cheers,
Moritz