[FFmpeg-devel] Bug in YUV decoder

Ben Hutchinson benhut1 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 16 07:53:15 EET 2019

So what you are saying is that "-pix_fmt yuv420p -color_range 2" should
produce the same output as "-pix_fmt yuvj420p" (both producing YUV video
with full range 0 to 255)? Unfortunately I tried that, and it doesn't work.
I saved the FFMPEG outputs to "-f rawvideo" and then looked at the
individual bytes of image data in a hex editor. There is absolutely no
effect when using "-color_range", even though it should override the use of
"j" or "non-j" YUV type in the "-pix_fmt" parameter. It does not override
this. It seems that this is a bug.