[FFmpeg-devel] Added support for XV video files

Shivam Goyal shivgo at iitk.ac.in
Mon Mar 25 04:27:04 EET 2019

On 3/24/19 6:09 PM, Moritz Barsnick wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 24, 2019 at 16:35:40 +0530, Shivam Goyal wrote:
>>   libavformat/xvdec.c      | 1395 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>>   libavformat/xvtools.h    |   95 +++
> This looks like a 90% copy of flvdec, with some modifications. I
> believe it should be merged into flvdec as an additional supported
> format, thereby sharing the code.

Yeah as XV file is an flv file i used the same demuxer with improvements
specific for xv video. It can be merged with flvdec.c, but than i
thought that the problem is with input functions which are present in
the entire flvdec.c file. So, if i to merge it, i have to check which
file is it xv or flv (or to store it in a variable in the FLVContext,
which would be intialised at the time of reading header) whenever we
need to read from the input file, Which would recquire more processing
and would make the program slow for both xv  and flv files, and the
total no. of occurences of the functions avio_r8, avio_rb16, avio_rb24,
avio_rb32, avio_rb64 is around 39 . So, should i merge it with flvdec.c.

>> +// /*
>> +//  * XV demuxer
>> +//  * Copyright (c) 2003 The FFmpeg Project
> Crazy comment style. ;-)

Sorry, i commented it twice and forgot to remove it. I would improve it.

Thanks