[FFmpeg-devel] scaling option

Yufei He yhe at matrox.com
Tue Mar 26 17:20:47 EET 2019

On 03/26/2019 08:53 AM, Timo Rothenpieler wrote:
On 26/03/2019 13:47, Yufei He wrote:
Hi

Is there option for scaling on transcoding ?

e.g. transcoding from a quadhd file to 640 * 480.

Thanks.

Yufei.

Yes there is, but this is ffmpeg-devel, so not the place to ask user questions.

Yes, I see the option of -vf scale=width:height
We can do scaling on decoding or encoding, my question was to check if there is scaling option for codec.
I'll add special scaling option to our codec.