[FFmpeg-devel] [Patch] beautified + accelerated vf_fillborders – Please review

Ulf Zibis Ulf.Zibis at CoSoCo.de
Tue Mar 26 18:59:36 EET 2019

Am 26.03.19 um 17:39 schrieb Carl Eugen Hoyos:

>> 1.) There may be a shortcut in CPU architecture for copying nulls in
>> series (fillborders.c essentially does that) and more important ...
> I am curious:
> Which architecture are you thinking about that interprets
> FFmpeg's inner structure?
I was inspired of your suspicion. ;-) From Java code I know, that such
things happen as cause of the JIT "just in time compiler" optimization,
don't know, if modern C compilers assemble similar effects.

>> 2.) Additionally I want to test on different ...
>> - number of planes
>> - color model /resolution
>> - bit depth
> Use the input option -pix_fmt

Ok, I'll look on that.

And I'm still curious to read something on my initial question
(following your suggestion from 19.03.19, 17:31 CET to use "-loop"):
... I ask, because I want to understand the purpose of the shorter
options "-loop number" and "-stream_loop number" (or how to apply them
correctly in the command line to get the wanted effect on single picture
input).

-Ulf