[FFmpeg-devel] [DECISION] Project policy on closed source components

Carl Eugen Hoyos ceffmpeg at gmail.com
Fri May 3 12:08:35 EEST 2019

Am Fr., 3. Mai 2019 um 07:27 Uhr schrieb Jeyapal, Karthick
<kjeyapal at akamai.com>:

> In this case NDI took prompt action and removed the said binaries from their website immediately.

This is not true, please stop spreading this wrong claim.

> A similar violation was done by Amazon some time back (https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/7214) and
> we closed that issue as Amazon took down binaries from their website and provided the source
> code of their plugin

Yes.
Note that as somebody who is rather outspoken but not a native speaker
your email sounds to
me as if you are trying to bad-mouth Amazon: Do you believe that they
did not handle above
ticket correctly? Or do I simply misunderstand?

> (In this case, NDI plugin is already open source).

No.
If this were true, there would be no license violation.

Do I understand correctly that you write twice in your long text that
the license violation is
ongoing, but not done by NDI? This would make no sense to me, could
you elaborate?

And finally: What do you suggest to "punish the violator"?

Sorry, your mail is very difficult to understand, Carl Eugen