[FFmpeg-devel] [DECISION] scaletempo filter

John Warburton john at johnwarburton.net
Sat May 4 17:10:03 EEST 2019

On Sat, May 4, 2019 at 2:41 PM Nicolas George <george at nsup.org> wrote:

> Paul B Mahol (12019-05-04):
> > I open votes for 7 days. Voting is about inclusion of scaletempo
> > filter (IMHO it is better than atempo) in FFmpeg.
> >
> > Thanks for voting.
>
> Voting for what? This mail does not look remotely like the voting
> procedure. For starters, a vote must come after a discussion failed to
> reach a consensus. AFACS, this is the first time scaletempo is mentioned
> on this mailing list this year.

An earlier post referring to scaletempo, from December 2017, suggested
replacement of atempo. Please may I note that at least one commercial radio
station, that I personally broadcast on daily, uses atempo for adjusting
the timing of news bulletins so they exactly fit a particular time. A
change in its operation, rather than the addition of a new filter, may
cause concern at least that one place.

Is there a patch I can use to test scaletempo to compare it against atempo?
It'll be no trouble to do that with the normal audio that is time-adjusted
on that radio station. It may be that its increased quality is most
welcome, of course.
with best wishes,
JW