[FFmpeg-devel] [DECISION] scaletempo filter

Marton Balint cus at passwd.hu
Mon May 6 21:23:31 EEST 2019

On Mon, 6 May 2019, Paul B Mahol wrote:

> On 5/6/19, Marton Balint <cus at passwd.hu> wrote:

>> I tested scaletempo (with default settings) and it is definitely worse
>> than atempo for small scaling factors like 25/24.
>>

> Have you tried other scaling factors?
> How you done testing?

Simple hearing tests. I hear audible artifacts (a kind of audio
stuttering) with scaletempo. Here are some files where it is noticable:

fate-suite/delphine-cin/LOGO-partial.CIN
fate-suite/real/spygames-2MB.rmvb
fate-suite/wmapro/Beethovens_9th-1_small.wma
fate-suite/dts/dts.ts

The last one is noticable even with 2x scaling.

Regards,
Marton