[FFmpeg-devel] Discussion of all-inclusive full stack builds

Nicolas George george at nsup.org
Sun May 12 21:54:39 EEST 2019

Tim Jones (12019-05-12):
> Has anyone previously discussed or offered up a simplified set of
> config macros for something like:

Options to have auto-detection of external libraries enabled have been
suggested in the past.

> --disable-all-proprietary/--enable-all-proprietary

As for this one, on the other hand, there will be opposition: we do not
want encourage users to use proprietary software. In fact, there is
currently a discussion to refuse including new proprietary components,
and possibly getting rid of the ones we included without thinking.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George