[FFmpeg-devel] IMF demuxer status

Pierre-Anthony Lemieux pal at sandflow.com
Thu Dec 9 06:10:23 EET 2021

Hi all,

I have posted v9 of the IMF demuxer patch. The small changes are the
result of my running the demuxer through valgrind and failing
individual heap allocation calls.

Outstanding issues (I know of):

- it was suggested that libuuid be used to parse UUIDs in the IMF CPL.
As detailed at [1], I feel libuuid is not a great match for the
specific IMF demuxer use case

- strong concerns were expressed that the same save_avio_options()
function is defined in HLS, DASH and (proposed) IMF demuxers. Happy to
refactor it to a common location. Where should that be?

Looking forward to next steps.

Best,

-- Pierre

[1] http://ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-devel/2021-December/289093.html

P.S.: Is there a way to instrument ffmpeg to programmatically fail
memory allocation functions?