[FFmpeg-devel] Trac votes and priority

Michael Niedermayer michael at niedermayer.cc
Sat Feb 18 00:29:04 EET 2023

Hi

On Fri, Feb 17, 2023 at 12:25:07PM -0600, Brad Isbell wrote:
> I think that if Trac ticket priority is to be used, it should first be
> working.  Currently, if you try to vote on a ticket, a `500 Internal
> Server Error` occurs in the background.

it seemed to work when i tryied but it seems trac needs some adjustments and
tuning and maintaince. It seems not configured optimally

> I don't think that popularity of a ticket always indicates priority or
> urgency.  Security bugs are a good example... Not something most users
> know or care about but can have huge implications if not patched.

This suggestion was not supposed to mean that this would be the only
way to set priority. But an additional input. Meaning if more than X
users want something then it would be important.

thx

I have never wished to cater to the crowd; for what I know they do not
approve, and what they approve I do not know. -- Epicurus