[FFmpeg-devel] Does rtspenc actually support AVFMT_GLOBALHEADER?

John Cox jc at kynesim.co.uk
Mon Aug 19 18:13:30 EEST 2024

Hi

Does rtspenc actually support AVFMT_GLOBALHEADER? It is specified in the
FFOutputFormat flags but I can't see anywhere in the code where
extradata is referenced like it is in other output formats which support
that flag.

I ask because I have an encoder that supports the flag and when set
removes SPS/PPS from the stream and puts them in extradata instead which
I believe is the correct behavior - if it isn't then that is my problem
and I'd appreciate clarification of what is meant to occur. The
transmitted RTSP stream then doesn't contain SPS/PPS.

Removal of AVFMT_GLOBALHEADER from the flags in rtspenc.c fixes my
problem and I'll very happily submit a patch to that effect, but first
I'd like to know if that is in fact the root of my problem - my
understanding of the RTSP code is very limited and I'd appreciate advice
from someone who knows something about it.

Many thanks

John Cox