[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] STF 2025

Vittorio Giovara vittorio.giovara at gmail.com
Wed Jun 5 11:12:31 EEST 2024

On Wed, Jun 5, 2024 at 9:21 AM Marton Balint <cus at passwd.hu> wrote:

> On Tue, 4 Jun 2024, Vittorio Giovara wrote:
>
> >> If you stop responding with mails on all FFmpeg mailing lists from now
> >> indefinite time in future nothing of value would be lost.
> >>

> > Please reread what you wrote and appreciate the irony of the situation.
> >
> > Needless to say, this is also going straight to CC :)
> > Please just do better, I believe in you!
>
> I find this last sentence quite condescending, something you would tell
> your kid.

This happens when people are behaving like children, and that happens when
there are no rules or repercussions to bad behavior.

I am kind of stumped how throughout all this exchange, in which I'm subject
to abuse from Paul over multiple emails, my condescending tone is what
struck you, instead of the insults and trolling I received from Paul. Maybe
if more people spoke up against this unhealthy environment and stood up
with the victim instead of the aggressor there would be a better community
all around.

Thanks
--
Vittorio