[FFmpeg-soc] Administrative things

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Fri Apr 13 19:41:40 CEST 2007

Hi

On Thu, Apr 12, 2007 at 02:52:50PM +0200, Benjamin Larsson wrote:
> All mentors and students should now be subscribed to this list. But what
> more things are needed for the students ? I was thinking of separate svn
> repositorys for all projects but maybe some should get their own branch.

ill leave that decission to you, iam fine with both branches and
seperate repos

but whichever it is, the code should always work with latest ffmpeg svn,
that is with a
* branch, that the branch should be updated to latest svn regularely
* seperate repo, the code should compile if droped in a fresh checkout
  of ffmpeg + application of some patch from the repo to change
  Makefile/avcodec.h/...

also i would like to see the branches or repos be setup and working rather
sooner than later so students can start to work earlier than the official
start if they want

Dictatorship naturally arises out of democracy, and the most aggravated
form of tyranny and slavery out of the most extreme liberty. -- Plato