[FFmpeg-soc] How to use the SOC trees

Steven Zakulec spzakulec at mail.widener.edu
Fri Aug 3 05:15:13 CEST 2007

I'm sure this is a silly question, but I'm not sure how to get the SoC patches to apply to the ffmpeg tree. The one I tried was the EAC3 tree.  I checked out the tree, and then copied it over to the ffmpeg directory.  I then tried ffmpeg -i ffmpeg.patch
That gave me the following:
Perhaps you should have used the -p or --strip option?
The text leading up to this was:
|Index: libavcodec/ac3_parser.c
|--- libavcodec/ac3_parser.c    (wersja 9211)
|+++ libavcodec/ac3_parser.c    (kopia robocza)
File to patch:

I guess I could copy all the eac3 files into the libavcodec directory, but that would only work if all the files were patches to libavcodec files- if not, I'd have to copy to the right folder, and repeat this each time I the patches were updated until it was merged.

Is this the way to go about applying the patches or is there a simpler or more standard way?