[FFmpeg-soc] [soc]: r647 - dirac/libavcodec/dirac.c

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Thu Aug 9 13:25:11 CEST 2007

Hi

On Thu, Aug 09, 2007 at 01:16:58PM +0200, Marco Gerards wrote:
> marco <subversion at mplayerhq.hu> writes:
>
> > Author: marco
> > Date: Thu Aug  9 12:25:42 2007
> > New Revision: 647
> >
> > Log:
> > halfpel is broken and qpel and eighth-pel aren't. so I disabled that for now instead
>
> Now the video plays back, but it appears the video frames are not
> played back in the right order.  For example, when some turns his
> head, it appears he is shaking his head at the same time.
>
> I expected setting display_picture_number for the decoded frame would
> make FFmpeg reorder the frames for me so they are played back in
> display order.  It appears this doesn't do what I expect it to do.
>
> Can someone tell me what the normal method is to make the frames
> appear in the display order instead of the order they are encoded in?

you should store the correct picture in display order in the data/picture
parameter of decode_frame()

so yes you have to reorder the images yourself, unless you add reorder
support into libavcodec which surely would be welcome too some applications
might actually benefit speedwise if pictures where easily available out of
order ... (= patch welcome)

Thouse who are best at talking, realize last or never when they are wrong.