[FFmpeg-soc] [soc]: r645 - in eac3/ac3: . ac3.c ac3.h ac3dec.c

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Fri Aug 10 00:44:05 CEST 2007

On Thu, Aug 09, 2007 at 07:58:09PM +0200, Bartlomiej Wolowiec wrote:
> On Thursday 09 August 2007 10:58, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> > On Thu, Aug 09, 2007 at 10:52:37AM +0200, bwolowiec wrote:
> > > Log:
> > > add current version of ac3.c ac3dec.c ac3.h
> >
> > Why?
>
> In these files Justin made many changes. In my opinion, it would be easier to
> make small changes in the new version (few small patches: mainly adding to
> ff_ac3_ function and giving the possibility of using it in eac3 decoder). It
> seems to me that it would be easier then to add these patches to main
> repository.

I don't think this is the righ way to go forward.  If you need changes
in these files, post them as patches to ffmpeg-devel.  That way Justin
can comment on them and integrate them right away.  Just imagine what
happens if he wants your changes done in a different way or rejects them
outright: a lot of your work will be wasted.  It's best to get review as
quickly as possible to avoid this.

Diego