[FFmpeg-soc] soc integration into ffmpeg

infernix infernix at infernix.net
Mon Aug 13 13:51:45 CEST 2007

Bill Crowley wrote:
> Forgive my ignorance, but how does one implement the
> great work done so far in this year's SOC into something
> that will actually play an HD-DVD EVO file?

I've done the following:

- svn checkout on eac3 ffmpeg-soc code
- svn checkout on mplayer trunk
- patch mplayers libavcodec/libavformat with ffmpeg.patch from eac3
- manually change the rejected files (iirc, allcodecs.h and avcodec.h)
- make; make install
- edit codecs.conf:

audiocodec ffeac3
   info "FFmpeg EAC3"
   status buggy
   format 0x0
   driver ffmpeg
   dll "E-AC3"

- then just mplayer -ac +ffeac3 path/to/evo/file

It will play back multichannel just fine, but the channel order isn't
correct yet (try and play with -af pan or -af channels, I haven't yet).

Good luck!