[FFmpeg-soc] [soc]: r833 - in rv40: rv40.c rv40data.h

Aurelien Jacobs aurel at gnuage.org
Thu Aug 16 17:21:12 CEST 2007

On Thu, 16 Aug 2007 10:32:11 +0300
Kostya <kostya.shishkov at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 16, 2007 at 09:14:53AM +0200, kostya wrote:
> > Author: kostya
> > Date: Thu Aug 16 09:14:52 2007
> > New Revision: 833
> >
> > Log:
> > Correct determining of slice offset size
>
> With this commit it should play everything.
>
> I also think now is the time to test decoder. While it has some
> awful motion artifacts, the samples should be watchable, ignore
> that for now.
> Please provide me with the samples, especially unplayable or
> with some distortions beyond usual. I've looted everything from
> MPHQ (samples and incoming).

The few files I tried all played fine (except motion artifacts).
Impressive work !
Appart the motion artifacts, there is another very noticable
"artifact": playback is somewhat jerky. It seems like some frames
aren't decoded at all. Maybe the decoder still don't support
b-frames, or something like that ? (I've not checked the code)
I've noticed this with all the samples I tried.

Anyway, great job ! I'm now confident we will have perfect
rv40 decoding soon.

Aurel