[FFmpeg-soc] [soc]: r1166 - eac3/eac3dec.c

infernix infernix at infernix.net
Thu Aug 23 16:26:04 CEST 2007

Bartlomiej Wolowiec wrote:
> Hi,
> Recently I've tried to compile mplayer with support for eac3 (others had tried
> it before me ;) ). Unfortunately, when I try to open
> http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/evob/MAININTRO.EVO both sound and image aren't
> played well. In most of frames is syncword!=0x0B77. When I try the image
> alone (no audio codec) or the sound alone (-novideo) everything is ok. I
> think that the error is in my code. Any idea?

This works for me:

mplayer -fps 24000/1001 -demuxer lavf -ac ffeac3 blah.evo

-demuxer lavf is the key here. don't forget to set up codecs.conf:

audiocodec ffeac3
    info "FFmpeg EAC3"
    status buggy
    format 0x0
    driver ffmpeg
    dll "E-AC3"

I must say I haven't tried with current SoC code, I'll give that a shot
now :)

Did you get the stereo samples to work?

Also, do you have mono samples already? If not, I can send you one.