[FFmpeg-soc] [soc]: r1166 - eac3/eac3dec.c - channel mapping

justinruggles at bellsouth.net justinruggles at bellsouth.net
Fri Aug 24 23:54:02 CEST 2007

> From: Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at>
> Date: 2007/08/23 Thu PM 08:17:47 EDT
>
>>On Thu, Aug 23, 2007 at 10:48:08PM +0200, Bartlomiej Wolowiec wrote:
>[...]
>> btw, is there in libavcodec any possibility of giving additional information
>> about channels?
>
>IIRC no, but someone was working on it hmm now i dont remember who was that
>maybe justin?

Yes, I was working on a common channel mapping and downmixing API.  One issue is that it isn't entirely clear how FFmpeg should handle different situations.  I tried to lay out a design plan first, but nothing really seemed to both solve the problems presented by the current API and at the same time remain a clean solution.  Anyway, I can revisit the idea and maybe see some possibilities I didn't realize the first time around.

-Justin

P.S.  If this email looks bad, breaks threading, or whatever, it's because lightning zapped my computer and I'm having to write this from work using my ISP's webmail interface...bleh.