[FFmpeg-soc] jpeg2000 status

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Tue Aug 28 22:39:04 CEST 2007

Hi

On Tue, Aug 28, 2007 at 02:22:21PM +0200, Kamil Nowosad wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Here is the list of uncompleted features:
> - connect dwt 9/7 to the encoder (the transform is coded; i need to
>   make use of it in the encoder)
> - add yuv support to the decoder
> - add some missing header parsing routines
> - complete the simplification and optimization recommended in the review
>   (only few points left)
>
> It should not be difficult (and should not take more than a few days) to
> complete it. I will be absent till the end of the week. Of course I will
> complete the work after coming back (my school starts in the beginning
> of October, so don't worry - i will have a lot of time). I hope, that it will
> not influence my evaluation :).
>
> Now, when the SoC finishes, I would like to thank all of you for help and
> patience when reviewing my code (which is far away from perfect, i know ;) ).

ive just tested your jpeg2k codec:
ffmpeg -i tests/data/a-ljpeg.avi -vcodec j2k -f image2 -qscale 10 -pix_fmt rgb24 tes10t%d.j2k

(tests/data/a-ljpeg.avi as available after make test)

and
for i in `seq 1 50` ; do jasper --input tes10t$i.j2k --output tes10t$i.pnm ; done

jasper only decodes some of the files, this should be fixed

also from the 23 reference codestreams it decodes only 2
(i got the codestreams from:
http://www.crc.ricoh.com/~gormish/jpeg2000conformance/j2kp4files_v1_5.zip)

Let us carefully observe those good qualities wherein our enemies excel us
and endeavor to excel them, by avoiding what is faulty, and imitating what
is excellent in them. -- Plutarch