[FFmpeg-soc] add logo to video

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Mon Dec 3 20:48:12 CET 2007

On Mon, Dec 03, 2007 at 05:13:11PM +0100, Víctor Paesa wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Dec 3, 2007 3:33 PM, Diego Biurrun <diego at biurrun.de> wrote:
> > On Mon, Dec 03, 2007 at 12:30:33PM +0100, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> > > On Mon, Dec 03, 2007 at 11:33:49AM +0100, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> > > [...]
> > >
> > > everyone first helps and is shocked by the attitude of people like you
> > > have nowadays :)
> > > then after a few years on a mailinglist of a somewhat bigger and popular
> > > project everyone ends with the same attitude of "just ignore these mails"
> > > or even more evil things
> > >
> > > iam wondering if theres anyone who isnt following that trend, it doesnt
> > > seem so if even you have now finally succumbed to the dark side ...
> >
> > It is sad to be disillusioned, but it may well be a fact of life.
> > Nowadays I mostly dismiss mails with Outlook (Express) in the X-Mailer
> > field or from known-broken webmail addresses right away.  The signal to
> > noise ratio is just too low in my experience.
>
> Hey, maybe it is because I still remember my first mails here (using a
> @hotmail.com address), but I still have some hope in Mr. "jgh lrhgI": he
> has switched to the right mail list, and he is fighting to use the
> libavfilter API (and we do not have too many developers here).
>
> > I also have the impression that mailing list etiquette is in decline
> > among newcomers.
>
> Fully agree, also real life etiquette is declining, maybe we are
> getting too old ;o)

yeah, that reminds me that i read somewhere that the ancient greek 2000years
ago where also complaining about the worseing of peoples especially youth
manners
i guess we are forgeting that we once didnt know what top posting is, how
to quote properly, which ML to use for something, how to code, ...

i think someone should write a little script which detects bad mails and
sends replies with clear explanations for these as well as helping people
unsubscribe and all that
for safety the script might also ask a human first before sending a mail
to prevent even more nonsense floating around
(it would reduce the work to a single keypress instead of writing an actual
mail ...)

detecting many bad things is easy (though its also easy to mess up)

too long lines detection:
if more them 50% of the non quoted non empty lines are >80 chars

top posting detection:
if more text is before the