[FFmpeg-soc] [soc]: r1494 - qcelp/qcelpdec.c

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Tue Dec 4 00:28:48 CET 2007

On Mon, Dec 03, 2007 at 10:59:46AM -0300, Reynaldo Verdejo wrote:
> Hi Diego, thanks, one never stops learning :-)

:)

> On Dec 3, 2007 8:39 AM, Diego Biurrun <diego at biurrun.de> wrote:
> > On Sun, Dec 02, 2007 at 03:24:35PM +0100, reynaldo wrote:
> > >
> > > Log:
> > > - Get's rid of QCELPFrame structure, another from Michael's review
> >
> > "Get's" is not valid English in any context.  But I would not use third
> > person singular in commit messages anyway.  Just say "Get rid..".
>
> I always write the commit sentences as if the 'committed change' was
> actually performing the action, that's the way I see it. Could you elaborate
> here please to aid my (mis)understanding of the subject?

I prefer commit messages written in a neutral (first person) tone.  This
is also the style generally used in commit messages.  I find third
person commit messages somewhat awkward.  I guess it's because commit
messages are communication between the committer and the reader(s).  But
the change itself is not communicating.

In any case "get's" is not a short form of anything, nor is it the third
person singular of get, which is "gets".

Diego