[FFmpeg-soc] [soc]: r339 - in eac3: ac3.c ac3.h ac3tab.c ac3tab.h eac3.h eac3_parser.c eac3dec.c ffmpeg.patch

Justin Ruggles justinruggles at bellsouth.net
Sat Jul 7 17:12:46 CEST 2007

First off, I want to let everyone else know that I recommended to Bartek
to merge his changes with the AC-3 decoder patch since it's not in
FFmpeg SVN yet.  Once it is, the files here will change accordingly.

Although, you seem to be using an old version of the patch and comparing
against an old version of FFmpeg.  ac3.c, ac3.h, ac3tab.c, and ac3tab.h
are already in current SVN.  I don't see any modifications to those, so
they don't need to be here.

bwolowiec wrote:
> Author: bwolowiec
> Date: Sat Jul  7 16:04:27 2007
> New Revision: 339
>
> Log:
> This is main code of the E-AC3 decoder. It plays available from hd-dvd samples (http://www1.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/samples/evob/). Few extensions are lacking: AHT, Channel coupling, spectral extension and few smaller parts of code (because there are no samples).
>

> Added:
>    eac3/ac3.c
>    eac3/ac3.h
>    eac3/ac3tab.c
>    eac3/ac3tab.h
>    eac3/eac3.h
>    eac3/eac3_parser.c
>    eac3/eac3dec.c
>    eac3/ffmpeg.patch

I'll review the actual code separately.  Here is what I think should
change about the structure.

I think that eac3_parser.c should be merged with eac3dec.c.  It's not
actually a true AVParser, and the naming conventions you've used could
be misleading.  Also, I don't think you need eac3.h.  Just put the
decoding context into eac3dec.c.  It should be ok to add the
E-AC3-specific #define's to ac3.h.  If it gets to be too much when more
features are added, then maybe it could be split off to its own header.

-Justin