[FFmpeg-soc] [soc]: r329 - libavfilter/TODO

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Sun Jul 8 13:41:51 CEST 2007

Hi

On Sun, Jul 08, 2007 at 01:33:47PM +0200, Víctor Paesa wrote:
[...]
> > in addition to this, the filter API must not depend on libavformat
> > that would be quite inconvenient if libavformat isnt needed otherwise
>
> In case metadata gets too difficult to choose/implement, I would be
> happy even with
> the original source file name plus the stream number (a quite API
> agnostic thing).

there is no source file name or stream number
the input of a filter can be a mixture of several streams from several
files, or even from no file at all and rather be synthethically generated

While the State exists there can be no freedom; when there is freedom there
will be no State. -- Vladimir Lenin