[FFmpeg-soc] [soc]: r1421 - eac3/eac3dec.c

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Mon Oct 29 03:11:30 CET 2007

Hi

On Sun, Oct 28, 2007 at 01:27:10PM +0100, Bartlomiej Wolowiec wrote:
> Hi,
> GSOC was finished some time ago. I hope, that my code has appropriate level to
> add it to FFMpeg. Unfortunately, currently because of the academic year, I
> have much less time to work on  the project. More and more people ask me what
> happened with my code, so my question is: what should I do to make my code
> added to FFmpeg repository?

post patches to ffmpeg-dev
(and small self contained patches are always preferred over large ones
if its possible to split things)

ill try to review whatever is posted and justin should as well as he is
ac3 maintainer and knows (e)-ac3 better than i do

also dont hesitate to add verbose explanations to the patches, as many
people who might have time or interrest in reviewing them will likely not
know *ac3 too well

also if its not already done, please choose meaningfull variable names

I hate to see young programmers poisoned by the kind of thinking
Ulrich Drepper puts forward since it is simply too narrow -- Roman Shaposhnik