[FFmpeg-soc] BFI

Sisir Koppaka sisir.koppaka at gmail.com
Fri Apr 11 17:33:47 CEST 2008

I wanted to confirm some things about the decoder:
1. When sending the decoded data to the output buffer, should we just send
the indices or should we locate the RGB triplets corresponding to a index
and then send them to the output buffer? (Does ffmpeg have any functions to
automatically do this/ is the output we send into the output buffer the
final one that goes to the display hardware?)
2. From the av_logs, I see that the decode_init is being called right before
any of the chunks are actually identified...but the decode_close function
doesn't seem to be called anywhere(it's av_log is not being displayed) and I
am having to do a manual pkill everytime I play a BFI file. Is there special
return value that decode_frame should return to indicate that decode_close
should be called? Or any thing else that is necessary for the decode_close
function to be called?