[FFmpeg-soc] BFI

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Wed Apr 16 15:13:50 CEST 2008

On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 11:18:36AM +0530, Sisir Koppaka wrote:
> Hi,
> When we put the palette into data[1], should we put them as four byte
> aligned or just memcpy the 256*3 bytes as-is from extradata?

Its described in avutil.h :
 * When the pixel format is palettized RGB (PIX_FMT_PAL8), the palettized
 * image data is stored in AVFrame.data[0]. The palette is transported in
 * AVFrame.data[1] and, is 1024 bytes long (256 4-byte entries) and is
 * formatted the same as in PIX_FMT_RGB32 described above (i.e., it is
 * also endian-specific). Note also that the individual RGB palette
 * components stored in AVFrame.data[1] should be in the range 0..255.
 * This is important as many custom PAL8 video codecs that were designed
 * to run on the IBM VGA graphics adapter use 6-bit palette components.

I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his
enemies for the hardest victory is over self. -- Aristotle