[FFmpeg-soc] BFI Decoder

Sisir Koppaka sisir.koppaka at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 23:39:28 CEST 2008

On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 3:00 AM, Mike Melanson <mike at multimedia.cx> wrote:

> Sisir Koppaka wrote:
> > Both error summary and leak summary report zero, but there seem to be 97
> not
> > freed blocks in the error summary and valgrind checks for them, but
> after
> > that there are no more messages regarding those 97 blocks?
>
> But how does test.mov look when you play it? Is the video decoder correct?

Actually no, it's stopping the decoding after a single frame, and that too I
don't think is complete.

> Also, transcoding to MPEG-4 will introduce some loss that might hinder
> problem analysis. Another method:
>
> mkdir images
> ./ffmpeg -i file.bfi images/%04d.png
>
> Then you can study each PNG image individually with a separate image
> viewer.

Only the first frame is shown and it's just a blue one... I think the frame
was not properly decoded though I can see the different parts of the switch
being executed from the av_logs...

I implemented Michael's suggestions, but it persists...

It's 3:20 in the morning here, I better get some sleep before the classes
begin in the morning, The malloc and frees seem to be ok,...anyway, I'll
continue in the morning and let you know, I think there's some small hitch
here....