[FFmpeg-soc] [soc]: r3046 - in aac: aac.c aac.h

Reimar Doeffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Thu Aug 7 08:50:05 CEST 2008

On Wed, Aug 06, 2008 at 09:21:32PM -0400, Justin Ruggles wrote:
> superdump wrote:
> > Author: superdump
> > Date: Wed Aug  6 12:00:44 2008
> > New Revision: 3046
> >
> > Log:
> > Use a simple LCG as recommended in libavutil/lfg.* rather than Mersenne Twister
> > as such noise is good enough (sounds the same to my ears on a 1 second sample)
> > and calculation is faster
>
> Why not add that to libavutil as well?  I would like to use it for AC-3.

In that case though I think it would be nice if there was some additional information
on the particular numbers used, and also mentioning that the last bit is always alternating
for this kind of generator (so if possible, only the upper bits should be used).
Believing some random guy on the internet: http://random.mat.sbg.ac.at/~charly/server/node3.html
2147001325*a+715136305
at least has some statistics, I could not find any for the current numbers on a quick search.