[FFmpeg-soc] [soc]: r3470 - mlp/mlpenc.c

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Tue Aug 19 21:14:11 CEST 2008

On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 02:54:25PM -0300, Ramiro Polla wrote:
> ramiro wrote:
> > Author: ramiro
> > Date: Tue Aug 19 19:48:09 2008
> > New Revision: 3470
> >
> > Log:
> > Use ctx->major_header_interval instead of hardcoding MAJOR_HEADER_INTERVAL.
>
> It should now be possible to allow the user to specify any major header
> interval. Michael suggested using avctx->gop_size, but seems to me like
> a misuse because gop means "group of pictures". Also for now it's a
> video-only option. Should there be another option for audio?

gop is the interval of random access poinsts
that is the points from where one can start decoding (that is keyframes)
if "major headers" match this description then gop_size is the correct
parameter semantically, it may not have the best name though.

Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give
it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For
even the very wise cannot see all ends. -- Gandalf