[FFmpeg-soc] [soc]: r3529 - mxf/mxfenc.c

Robert Swain robert.swain at gmail.com
Sat Aug 23 15:02:55 CEST 2008

2008/8/23 Diego Biurrun <diego at biurrun.de>:
> On Sat, Aug 23, 2008 at 03:07:27PM +0800, zhentan feng wrote:

>> > way calling the function.
>> >
>> > What will be clear?
>>
>> hmm, I meaned the way of calling mxf_write_essence_container_refs().
>> we return the value instead of set the value in the function.
>
> I don't see any relationship between the explanation and the log
> message.  You need to change the log message to express what you
> were really trying to say...

I would have interpreted it as "Modify the return value of mxf...()
and the way the function is called, to make its usage clearer" or
something like that.

I think the main difficulties people would have with the log message are:

"the way calling the function" -> "the way the function is called"
"this will be clear" -> "this will be clearer"

Other than these grammatical difficulties, the log message seems OK to me.

Rob