[FFmpeg-soc] [soc]: r1741 - in eac3: ac3dec.c ac3dec.h eac3dec.c

Justin Ruggles justinruggles at bellsouth.net
Tue Jan 1 22:54:38 CET 2008

Bill Crowley wrote:
> Justin,
>
> Thanks for the reply.
>
> I realize that liba52 does not support E-AC3. My problem is that
> the soc/eac3 changes made over the last day or so do not allow
> for recognition of EAC3 streams now, whereas before that it did.
>
> Whatever modifications/changes made just recently (i.e. - today)
> seem to not be able to see the EAC3 streams, whereas (at least
> through 20071230) the soc/eac3 compiled ffmpeg/ffplay correctly
> saw them.
>
> Any thoughts as to what changes made over the last day or so would
> have caused the sudden inability to interpret EAC3 streams now?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bill.

I'm sorry. I should have been more clear.  The way I've decided to
implement E-AC3 is as an extension to AC3, not as a separate codec.  So
it does indeed recognize the E-AC3 streams as valid, it's just that the
AC3 decoder you've chosen to configure FFmpeg for does not support that
extension.

I do realize that you want to use liba52 for the plain AC3 and
libavcodec for the E-AC3, but it won't work that way.  If you want to
decode E-AC3, do not use liba52.

-Justin