[FFmpeg-soc] Main SVN and patches

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Thu Jul 10 03:06:33 CEST 2008

Hi

As everyone certainly knows we would like to see SOC projects to reach
main ffmpeg SVN this year and not fail and rot like so many projects of
past years.

If you happen to have some code that you think can already be merged into
main svn, post patches now. Do not wait, patch reviews take time and things
will need a few revissions before they are accepted ...

Also patch reviews often help in spoting bugs and thus safe you time as
you might have a bug or 2 less to find.

Theres no need to have everything fully functional, but rather if for
example you have lets say header parsing finished and working well that
can be submitted already. The not finished code can stay in soc svn and
be worked upon. It also means that you have less code at the end to push
through our mercyless review process if you push some through now.

Besides all of the above, if you are stuck with getting something to work,
working on getting already working code into main svn might be "refreshing"

I have often repented speaking, but never of holding my tongue.
-- Xenocrates