[FFmpeg-soc] swscale ideas

Keiji Costantini salvorhardin at tiscalinet.it
Thu Jul 10 07:02:30 CEST 2008

This is my plan:

1)Make a C-only version of sws_scale, usable asap. No mmx, altivec, asm
code here.
2)Reinsert optimized code in a non-intrusive way, to gain speed. It
would be possible for non-bitexact code to be disabled.

This will make a C-only core, universal, simple and fast to
understand/debug/correct.
I already worked to a C-only implementation in my messed-branch
(nodame), which kinda worked. I am going to export this in a new branch.

Are there suggestions/corrections/objections/fire/cola to this plan?

--
Keiji Costantini