[FFmpeg-soc] Another requirement for final payment

Benjamin Larsson banan at ludd.ltu.se
Sun Jun 29 20:50:40 CEST 2008

In the timeline on the GSoC webpage this is written:

September 3:  	Students can begin submitting required code samples to Google

Last year I don't know if any students did that, but this year it is a
requirement. What you should upload there is a tarball of what you have
done during the program to Google Project Hosting. It doesn't have to be
anything working, just the files you have written or a diff. So why do
you have to do all this craziness? The answer is taxes. The IRS said
that Google need to get something for the money they use on the program.
And we don't want Google to get into trouble as they pay the bills for
this program. So there you have it, to the students, make sure you
upload the files and to the mentors, make sure your students have
uploaded the files before the final review.

MvH
Benjamin Larsson