[FFmpeg-soc] GSoC 2008: YOP Playback System

Mike Melanson mike at multimedia.cx
Thu Mar 20 20:31:06 CET 2008

Sisir Koppaka wrote:
> Hi,
> This particular version of the BFI demuxer has only the bfi_probe function.
> When I compile it and run ffmpeg -i <path/to/bfi/file.bfi> I get the
> following output -
> FFmpeg version SVN-r1, Copyright (c) 2000-2008 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
>   configuration:
>   libavutil version: 49.6.0
>   libavcodec version: 51.52.0
>   libavformat version: 52.11.0
>   libavdevice version: 52.0.0
>   built on Mar 20 2008 12:46:04, gcc: 4.1.3 20070929 (prerelease) (Ubuntu
> 4.1.2-16ubuntu2)
> Input #0, bfi, from './bfi/2287.bfi':
>   Duration: N/A, bitrate: N/A
> Must supply at least one output file
>
> There's no other function and hence I suppose no other info is displayed
> except for 'Input #0, bfi'. Can I take this as a confirmation that the
> bfi_probe was called and it confirmed the type of the file or does 'Input
> #0, bfi' come from some other part of ffmpeg?

A few things:

* You are replying to an email thread on the topic of YOP, yet you are
talking about BFI. It would be more appropriate to start a new thread.
Note that this does not mean replying to a message and changing the
subject line. Create a new message with a new subject and send it to the
list. It's less confusing.

* There is no demuxer in FFmpeg to handle BFI files. The first part of
your qualification task is to write a BFI demuxer. There is no
bfi_probe() function in the code. That's your job. Run 'ffmpeg -i' on a
supported file (like mpg, avi, mov) and you will see what kind of data
FFmpeg will output.

--
	-Mike Melanson