[FFmpeg-soc] Confusion on choosing a qualification task

Mike Melanson mike at multimedia.cx
Thu Mar 20 20:50:58 CET 2008

sathvik L wrote:
> Hello ,
> I have seen the qualification tasks , but I am unable to decide on how to
> choose one as only the requirements of the task have been noted down . Where
> will I find the doc's ?  The doc links accompanying the task only briefs
> about that particular codec/decoder/issue
>
> I have previously  read the theory behind H.264 codec , but before I start
> going through the code I will need its documentation . I have checked out
> the ffmpeg code , long back and I had used  the ffmpeg api's for compressing
> the video frames .My previous project required this to be simulated since
> the video capture card wasn't available at development time.
>
> and what is the next procedure send a mail to the devel-list stating the
> name of the task ?

Actually, this isn't the ffmpeg-devel list; it's the ffmpeg-soc list.
That's okay; it's useful to be on both.

What do you want to do? Are you interested in a FFmpeg project for GSoC?
Then you will need to do a qualification task. What qualification task
are you thinking of doing (out of the ones that aren't claimed, and we
have some more on the way)? We'll start from a task and then discuss
what you need to do to complete it satisfactorily.

	Thanks for your interest in the FFmpeg GSoC program.
--
	-Mike Melanson