[FFmpeg-soc] BFI

Mike Melanson mike at multimedia.cx
Thu Mar 20 21:03:42 CET 2008

Sisir Koppaka wrote:
> I renamed the 2287.bfi file to 2287.mov just to check that my skeleton
> demuxer was able to recognize it as BFI by examining it's header
> irrespective of the extension(As Vitor suggested to check). The probe
> function just checks for the characters BF&I in the header of the file.

Okay, that invalidates my earlier theory. I thought you were running
FFmpeg against a valid .mov file and your BFI demuxer was claiming it.

So, looking back over your original email, to answer your question (now
that I understand it): yes, it looks like your bfi_probe() function is
being called.

A simpler way to verify where the code execution is going would be to
print something. Be mindful that you have to use av_log() instead of
printf() in FFmpeg. E.g.:

av_log(NULL, AV_LOG_INFO, "Hey! This is the bfi_probe() function!\n");

--
	-Mike Melanson