[FFmpeg-soc] BFI

Mike Melanson mike at multimedia.cx
Fri Mar 21 21:40:23 CET 2008

Sisir Koppaka wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 22, 2008 at 1:59 AM, Mike Melanson <mike at multimedia.cx> wrote:
>
>> Sisir Koppaka wrote:
>>> What does the get_buffer(x,y,code) do and what is it's return value? (x
>> and
>>> y are pointers)
>> According to my reading of the code, get_buffer() only has 2 parameters.
>> What version of code are you working from?
>>

> http://svn.mplayerhq.hu/ffmpeg/trunk/libavformat/bethsoftvid.c?annotate=11071
>
> line 123.

Oh, that's the libavformat one. Declaration is in libavformat/avio.h:

int get_buffer(ByteIOContext *s, unsigned char *buf, int size);

It could probably use a doc not or 2. Given a bytestream
(ByteIOContext), fetch size bytes into buf (better make sure buf is at
least size bytes long) and returns the number of bytes actually consumed
from the bytestream.

--
	-Mike Melanson