[FFmpeg-soc] BFI

Mike Melanson mike at multimedia.cx
Sat Mar 22 05:48:57 CET 2008

Sisir Koppaka wrote:
> Am working on the demuxer and parts of the decoder...got stuck up  in the
> video  maze and  forgot to compile...now that I do, I get quite some
> errors....one of them's a missing ; :) quite some debugging to do :)

Yes, think small and modular. Write a piece, compile it, debug it,
verify it, then write another piece. You won't get through an actual
GSoC project by trying to write the entire thing before you even compile
it once.

Remember that for the first iteration of the demuxer, you can just skip
the video. The files have uncompressed PCM audio, so demux that, send it
down the PCM audio path, and seek() past the video chunks. You should be
able to hear audio in short order.

--
	-Mike Melanson