[FFmpeg-soc] BFI

Mike Melanson mike at multimedia.cx
Sat Mar 22 17:31:28 CET 2008

Sisir Koppaka wrote:
> Checking up this now...Do you use vim for examining the file? I can only
> recognize a few things like headers...if you could elaborate a bit on
> examining the files better, it'd help me a lot with the reading of the

Learn how to use a hex editor. I always use the simple ncurses-based
'hexedit' program from a terminal:

http://www.chez.com/prigaux/hexedit.html

Check your package management system. If you are using KDE, you might
like KHexEdit.

> Thanks a lot! If it weren't for you and the wonderful people in the FFmpeg
> community who have so graciously spent so much time clarifying my every
> single doubt, I couldn't have come this far. It's been a helluva ride(except
> that sig fault part, but yeah that's what makes the ride worth it, I guess
> :) ) so far, and I hope it stays that way till the end!

If it's a repeatable segfault, 'gdb ffmpeg_g' should lead you straight
to the problem. Also investigate the valgrind memory checking utility.

--
	-Mike Melanson