[FFmpeg-soc] gsoc 2008 project

Sarath Lakshman | ശരത്ത് ലക്ഷ്മണ് sarathlakshman at slynux.org
Sat Mar 22 18:43:59 CET 2008

Hi all,
I would like to take up  the project to write GUI front end for ffmpeg for
gsoc 2008. It was actually me who proposed the idea in the IRC channel. I
have been looking for some GUI based tool for ffmpeg so that lots of tiny
video cutting, conversion can be carried out under GNU/Linux easily. I'm
pretty sure that this tool would be useful for lots of people working under
linux. It would definitely provide easy access to functionalities provided
by the ffmpeg.

*Project*
 [edit<http://wiki.multimedia.cx/index.php?title=FFmpeg_Summer_Of_Code_2008&action=edit&section=23>
]
GUI for FFmpeg

Build a gui for the libs of FFmpeg. The main objective in this task is to
extent the codecs and formats to support querying of features and good
defaults. The actual GUI should just be a simple skeleton with support for
encoding of multiple files. Most of the work will be done in the libs.

I would like to know about the qualifying task ?

Regards,
Sarath Lakshman