[FFmpeg-soc] BFI

Mike Melanson mike at multimedia.cx
Sat Mar 22 19:28:35 CET 2008

Sisir Koppaka wrote:
> I changed one of the get_byte() I used to a
> url_fseek(pb,bfi->chunk_header+bfi->audio_offset,SEEK_SET);
> Now the output is:
> Input #0, bfi, from '/home/sisir/Desktop/bfi/2287.bfi':
>   Duration: 00:02:38.8, start: 0.100000, bitrate: 43 kb/s
>     Stream #0.0: Video: bfi, pal8, 320x140, 100.00 tb(r)
>     Stream #0.1: Audio: pcm_u8, 5464 Hz, mono, 43 kb/s
>
> Still, it's not one of those listed sane frequencies in the wiki.

Are you actually reading the sample rate from the file? I can't find
that number in hex encoded anywhere in little endian format. However,
when I open up the 2287.bfi in a hex editor and travel to the offset
that the BFI spec indicates is the location of the sample rate, I get a
sane value.

> I put the SDL libs in the build directory and changed ffplay.c's sdl header
> includes to their respective paths. Yet, it didn't compile. This was a
> pretty stupid thing to do :), I think because the configure script seems to
> search and decide for the SDL headers and it doesn't find them even now :)

"Install SDL". After doing this, FFmpeg's build system should just find
it. Are you experienced at all with installing software on Linux?

--
	-Mike Melanson